WINTER EVENTS: Trevian Boys & Girls Teams Participate in the Patriot Games over President’s Day Weekend
Thirteen (6 Girls & 7 Boys) Trevian teams participated in the Patriot Games tournament over President’s Day Weekend. It was a great event for Trevian teams to get back on the field and compete in a 7v7 format. Young players had a great time at this one-day event, with 3 teams making it to the final (2013 Blue Boys, 2012 Blue/White Girls, 2013 Blue Girls) and the 2013 Blue Girls winning first place!
GROWING THE GAME: TSC U7 & LTA Programs end their Winter Session
Over 150 young players participated in TSC foundational programs, U7 & Little Trevian Academy, this Winter. During 7 weeks, players got to work on the fundamental techniques for dribbling, passing, and shooting as well as their understanding of the game of soccer. In a safe and fun environment and through simulated games, the coaching staff worked on educating players on different techniques and positions while instilling a joy for the game and confidence in young players.
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT: THE BENEFITS OF SMALL SIDED GAMES
During the indoor winter season a big focus of TSC training (especially during weekend practices) has been placed on small sided games. Small sided games give players the opportunity to have more touches on the ball, as well as to have more attacking and defending interactions. With smaller space and numbers players must be engaged at all times and make quicker decisions on the ball. Most importantly, small side games have greater scoring opportunities which helps players build confidence and in turn enjoy the game.
According to US Youth Soccer, evidence from exercise physiology studies, also shows improved physical fitness due to the SSG environment. Additionally TSC coaching staff created a competitive autonomos environment during weekend small-sided play by creating different competitions, allowing players to choose their teams and positions, and giving players more freedom of expression during play time.
MONTHLY COACH HIGHLIGHT - Hannah Fuchs
Each month, we will be highlighting one of our staff members so you can get to know them better on and off the field. This month we are highlighting assistant Trevian director: Coach Hannah Fuchs!!
What’s your favorite food?
- HF: Mexican food. I love me some good street tacos
Favorite soccer player of all time?
- HF: Men’s soccer player, definitely Messi. Women’s soccer player: Lauren Holiday
What soccer team do you support?
- HF: Liverpool FC
Favorite coaching memory?
- HF: This past Fall when my U10 girls played without a sub and came back from being 2 goals down to tie and get our first points of the season.
- HF: Tarzan
How did you get to coaching?
- HF: Growing up I was always involved in sports, playing anything and anytime I could. I wanted to continue to be a part of athletics even when I got done playing so I thought coaching is perfect. My dad also influenced me as he's been a coach pretty much all my life.
What is your favorite part about coaching?
- HF: My favorite part about coaching is seeing the improvement from players. I love that I was able to play a role in how they developed. Seeing the results and seeing the players proud of themselves for improving is so rewarding.
What is the one thing that you want players to take away from their experience at Trevian SC?
- HF: What I want players to take from their time with Trevian SC is first, that they improved and grew in the game and second, that the club sparked joy for the game in them.
SKILLS CORNER: SKILL OF THE WEEK
Make sure to check out the skill of the week on the Trevian instagram (@treviansc).
This week’s skill: L Touch with Fake Shot
Hop over to our instagram for the how to video and make sure to tag us as you practice at home - we will repost any that you tag us in!
IVYREHAB IN ACTION
As TSC’s official physical therapy and injury prevention partner, our goal is to ensure that our athletes receive educational information to help them compete and recover at their highest levels. Check out this month’s topic from Head Athletic Trainer Simon Jiries.
BLOG TOPIC: KNEE INJURIES
Stop by and meet Simon when he’s on site at Falcon Fields throughout the week. Any other injury needs? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
Spring U7 Program & Little Trevian Academy Start Soon!
360 Summer Camp Registration Is Open!
The TSC 360 Summer Camp registration is officially open. Choose to attend one or both camps this Summer to stay sharp! Camp Dates: June 27-30th // July 11-14th
Click here for more details & to register!